I’ve always wanted to try making eggnog and I figured why not now. It’s actually really simple and really really delicious! Now I know why people make such a big fuss about it. You can make it with rum or keep it child-friendly and skip the rum but either way you’ll end up with a delicious drink to have on Christmas!
Serving: 12 cups
- Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes.
- Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick.
- Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
- Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Watch how I make a single serving:
Please note, this was not my own recipe and was taken from AllRecipes.
I did tweak it a little but all credit should go to AllRecipes for their really helpful guide.
Be sure to also check out this post of mine – Christmas Treats for Humans and Pets
I hope you’ll be treating yourself to some delicious eggnog this Christmas! It’s so tasty and is a treat for the whole family! (Just note the rum is *obviously* not for the little ones!)
It’s almost Christmas!!!!
I hope you’re as excited as I am! Even though I’m still sitting at work right now, my excitement can’t be contained!
Please let me know what you think, it was really fun being a South African and making Eggnog! Now all I need is some fake snow and it’ll be as if I’m in New York or something! Haha, okay maybe not but you get my point!
Thanks, VB xx